ANT task to generate ASDoc
April 17, 2007 1 Comment
I am sure most of you would have already seen this. I was googling around for some documentation on how to generate ASDocs. The command line arguements for asdoc.exe is pretty cryptic and its definitely not a tool for someone who is new to the whole thing. I guess I am not the only one on that boat either !!! 😉 Then, I stumbled across some links for ANT scripts for ASDoc generation. The build.xml that I finally downloaded was from BitTubeBlog and it worked right out of the box! 🙂
Just make a few configurations in the script for setting your source directory and you are good to go!
How to run ANT tasks in Eclipse?
Check out the document at Eclipse’s site for this or click here. here’s an excerpt from the eclipse help (Slightly modified!). For many, this should help getting started 😉 .
To run an Ant buildfile in the Workbench:
- Copy the build.xml to the root or a folder in your project path.
- Set the appropriate folder name in the build.xml
- In one of the navigation views, select the XML file.
- From the file’s pop-up menu, select Run Ant…. The launch configuration dialog opens.
- Select one or more targets from the Targets tab. The order in which you select the items is the order in which they will run. The order is displayed in the Target execution order box at the bottom of the tab. You can change the order of the targets by clicking the Order… button.
- (Optional) Configure options on the other tabs. For example, on the Main tab, type any required arguments in the Arguments field.
- Click Run.